The Family Grants Fund is available to provide material support to New Church families with specific needs. New Church Challenge would welcome the opportunity to serve more families in more societies and groups in North America through the resources of the Family Grant program. More information and the application can be found here: Family Grants
Starting today, May 1, 2019. New Church Challenge can accept online donations. The donation form is hosted on NewChurch.org, but all donations will be directed to the uses of New Church Challenge. Thank you for your support!
Please join us on May 1, 2018 at 7:30PM at Pendleton Hall Auditorium at Bryn Athyn College.
Dr. Kelly Ballard, the Head of the new Master of Science in Education, Literacy Focus at Bryn Athyn College, will talk to us about the new program and what it means for the future of New Church Education. Her talk will be proceeded by the brief New Church Challenge Business meeting.
If you are unable to join us in person, please tune in on the Bryn Athyn College YouTube channel for a live-stream of the event.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our previously announced nominee for the board, Annika Barber, cannot now stand for election. The nominating committee presents the names of Wystan Simons and Leona Fitch as well as the Rev. Kurt Asplundh, who will stand for another term on the Board.
One of the vacancies on the board is that left by James Cole, who served as a board member from 2016 to the beginning of 2019, when he was appointed to the office of President by the Board after Bill Buick stepped down in September 2018. The nominating committee offers the name of James Cole for affirmation by the membership as President of New Church Challenge.
Please come to the Annual Meeting on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7:30PM at Pendleton Hall Auditorium at Bryn Athyn College. You can also tune in to see a live stream of the proceedings at https://www.youtube.com/user/brynathyncollege.
Saturday, April 6th, 8:00-10:00AM, at Heilman Hall
Please come to the Annual Fundraiser for New Church Challenge! The ever popular and delicious Pancake Breakfast, featuring live music and entertainment, children’s activities and a delicious menu with gluten free options.
For more details see our Facebook event! New Church Challenge Pancake Breakfast!
ONGOING SUPPORT GROUP
- Purpose: To support families and friends of people with mental illness
- When: Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 pm
- Where: Bryn Athyn Cathedral
- Why: This group will be a space for people to safely share the experience of living with and loving someone who is suffering from mental illness (depression, bipolar, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, etc.) It will not be a treatment or therapy program, or medical consultation. Hopefully the members will share thoughts, feelings and experiences toward strengthening and healing the pain of being a support person for the mentally ill.
- Who Leads: This group is led by Christopher Glenn. Christopher has spent over 37 years working in and creating various therapeutic environments to treat psychiatric disorders. His goal is not only to improve the life of family and friends, but to strengthen their ability to alleviate the suffering associated with mental illness.
- Contact: If you are interested in getting involved with this group, please contact the Small Group Leader Chris Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Small Group Coordinator Bronwen Henry (215-530-2036, email@example.com).
- NOTE: This is not for individuals suffering from a mental illness, but instead will focus on providing strength and comfort to the caregivers.
If you would like to become a member of NCC – email us today!