ONGOING SUPPORT GROUP
- Purpose: To support families and friends of people with mental illness
- When: Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 pm
- Where: Bryn Athyn Cathedral
- Why: This group will be a space for people to safely share the experience of living with and loving someone who is suffering from mental illness (depression, bipolar, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, etc.) It will not be a treatment or therapy program, or medical consultation. Hopefully the members will share thoughts, feelings and experiences toward strengthening and healing the pain of being a support person for the mentally ill.
- Who Leads: This group is led by Christopher Glenn. Christopher has spent over 37 years working in and creating various therapeutic environments to treat psychiatric disorders. His goal is not only to improve the life of family and friends, but to strengthen their ability to alleviate the suffering associated with mental illness.
- Contact: If you are interested in getting involved with this group, please contact the Small Group Leader Chris Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Small Group Coordinator Bronwen Henry (215-530-2036, email@example.com).
- NOTE: This is not for individuals suffering from a mental illness, but instead will focus on providing strength and comfort to the caregivers.